Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2013

Back to the drawing board.

  Last year, I handed over my manuscript to an acquaintance that had editing experience and an English degree because she offered to look it over and give her advice.  Now I am fully aware that the editing on Blind Sided was not "tight" as some call it, so I jumped on her offer.  I would really like my next book to be better.
 
 Well, this kind lady experienced some very difficult trials and was not able to get her notes to me until just before the Christmas holidays.  Unfortunately, she left them in my mailbox during the only time of day that I was not home.  Putting stuff in people's mailboxes is technically illegal.  Which is why my not-particularly-friendly, neighborhood postal worker put them in the USPS official recycle bin.  My friend would love to email the notes to me but her computer gave up the ghost shortly thereafter and the tech has not recovered them yet.

  So it is with great sadness that I share my intentions to, once again, edit my own manuscript.  From the beginning.  May the (grammatical) schwartz be with me.  I guess those folks that whined about my poor editing won't buy this book anyway.  The rest of you - thank you for your patience.  It's time to bust out my Keys For Writers college manual and get to work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment